BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel For Heating    steam explosions to atomize wvo

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

steam explosions to atomize wvo
 Login/Join

posted
Theres this guy on u-tube using steam to atomize wvo for a cleaner burn in a pellet stove. I am thinking it could work well in pot burners too. He does not show how or if the steam line is connected to the vo line. In my pot burner I would tee in the 1/4" steam line about 3 feet above the end of the drip line. Any thoughts or coments on this???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-44SLfa5_o

97 powerstroke wvo two tank hih heated filter mallory fi110 veg pump looped return on veg
02 vw jetta two tank hih davco filter greace car suply& retun valve webasto parking heater(block heater)
home heated with wvo clean burn drip heater as of 10/01/12 drip heater in storage. Low WVO supply, back to burning wood.

<DCS>
posted
That Video could have been 2 minutes shorter if the guy just got on with what the information he was trying to put forward rather than punctuate every second word with "Errrrr".

I can't imagine having something that looked like that in my home though. I'm sure the guy works in a plumbing supply place with all the brass fittings he has on everything. If not, the plumbing place had a real good Year!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder how much water it uses per hour to create the atomizing steam?

But equally so.... if you believe you can, YOUR RIGHT as well.

Location: North Tx | Registered: November 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wonder how much water it uses per hour to create the atomizing steam?

I don’t think it would take much at all. Last year I had got some wet oil in my heater and it burned very poorly, had to clean the tank out. But this steam thing would be different I think. After about two years burning pot heaters I am convinced the only way to get a nice CLEAN burn is to atomize the oil. After winter I will experiment with some steam, but as for now Im happy with my set-up.

97 powerstroke wvo two tank hih heated filter mallory fi110 veg pump looped return on veg
02 vw jetta two tank hih davco filter greace car suply& retun valve webasto parking heater(block heater)
home heated with wvo clean burn drip heater as of 10/01/12 drip heater in storage. Low WVO supply, back to burning wood.

posted Hide Post
Dripping water seperately from the oil is an old trick and seems to work quite well, at least for some oils. When the water hits the hot pot the steam flash vapourises the oil. I think, in among the myriad of topics here, there's mention of someone doing it within the past couple of years, with good results.

Kilkenny, Ireland.
Turk burner workshop heater using chip fat to heat bulk tank and feed house rads.