hi guys,need help.first let me say that i have ran an old siegler for the past three years,that beast would burn anything.but this year switched over to a new stove,a franco belge lecontinential.nice looker and more efficient.well stared off on kero and dialed it in,then filed the metering stem for bd.now i had some great bd left over from my truck(which i have since sold)it was fully reacted and washed down to less than 50ppm soap.stove ran great.
NOW..i got in the bad habit of making heating fuel since my siegler didnt care,not fully reacted and unwashed,well i got through the truck fuel and starded with the heating fuel and now i get severe tar-like buildup,probably polymerization....DAMN..cant go a day so so without cleaning and its a mess.now i tested fuel and yes its unreacted.some maybe .25ml dropout some worse.will have to pickup some meth and reprocess(which i hate because onetime i did it and ended up with soap)do you think the unreated fuel is to blame or high soap is the cause....HELP......will
Sounds to me that you already know the answer.
A vaporizing pot burner will only burn material that turns into vapor, anything else stays in the bottom of the pot and has to be cleaned out manually. The soap will not vaporize and will leave a small amount of a whitish powder but the main problem is the unreacted veg oil. The tar is the portion of the veg oil that will not vaporize.
If you are worried about reprocessing have a look at my post at "3/27 and beyond" at " biodiesel Quality" on this forum. You can use the method described there to work out how much methanol and catalyst to use and avoid excessive soap production.
ya,just wanted to make sure the unreacted bd was cause of polymerization.right now blending with kero but hoping to get out to shed to reprocess.dont feel like messin around in middle of winter....thanks
all is well,found some bd that passed 3/27 and stove is burning great,did a reprocess of a batch and it went well,looks like i'll make it through winter
|Powered by Social Strata|