BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel For Heating    Convection heater compatibility with Biodiesel

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Convection heater compatibility with Biodiesel
 Login/Join

posted
I have an old heater of this type and trying to burn BD in it. Filled it with BD and couldn't get to work. Poured 3-4 oz. kerosene on wick and lit. My thinking was that with enough heat the BD would start and continue to burn. It burned well until the BD burned out. Is there a mixture that will work? Any adjustment that help? Anybody tried this before? Thanks Robert

ImageHeater.jpg (16 Kb, 32 downloads)

Location: Shelbyville Tennessee | Registered: November 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
B100 Biodiesel does not run up a wick. It is probably the only thing it won't do.Try different percentage blends of kero and BD to see how much BD you can get to burn consistently.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. I guess that is what I try next. I'll drain the tank at start with 50/50 mix. Thanks again Robert

Location: Shelbyville Tennessee | Registered: November 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post