BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel For Heating    Reliable 1/2 G/H commercial babington burner unit used by U.S. military
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reliable 1/2 G/H commercial babington burner unit used by U.S. military
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fabricator:
This has me wondering now, what if you were to take a channel with maybe 1/2 inch sides and 1/2 inch bottom and then roll it into an arc, like a piece of pipe cut in half then, at the center of the arc drill a very small hole in the center of the channel, drip oil onto the channel and it would behave a lot like a section of a ball.
???? cut in half longitudinaly/lenghtwise?

Arched like a horseshoe?

Arched with channel side on the outside or inside?

quote:
I have a burner that burns wvo extremely efficiently, ... it has a nozzel that sits oe or two thousandths of an inch below the surface of a pool of oil, turn on the air to the nozzel and you get a very fine cloud of oil, then light the cloud and it burns very clean and hot, ...
Sounds interesting. how do you keep the hole plugged that the air shoots thru when the air is off so the oil does not drain out? or do you only introduce the oil AFTER the air valve is turned on and burn it all off before shutting down?

oops... topic for a differetn thread. If you have a thread on this unit already feel free to link to an existing answer over there or add your answer to that thread.

But equally so.... if you believe you can, YOUR RIGHT as well.

Location: North Tx | Registered: November 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like a horseshoe with the channel legs pointing away from the center of the arc like a curved trough, the legs a to keep the oil from running off the edges.
I dont have a link to my heater, it is a much modified murphy burner so I dont want to step on murps toes as he is still selling them, there is a video on Graydons website somewhere showing it burning.

Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi people,

If anyone would like to get hold of a Babington Nozzle then they are available via the following links:

http://bit.ly/cY1d5B - Via ebay at a very reduced rate right now.

http://www.homebrewpower.co.uk...ozzles-For-Sale.html - Direct from my website.

http://www.homebrewpower.co.uk
Renewable Energy & Self Sufficiency

Kind regards

Andy Mahoney
Home Brew Power
(Off-Grid Power Installer - UK)
www.homebrewpower.co.uk

posted Hide Post
Fabricator mentioned the possiblity of using a channel type "ball". Somewhere I saw a burner where the builder used part of a pulley to spread the oil, just like you are proposing. Appeared to work for him. I just tried locating the posts but can't find it. Most likely on this site or the Yahoo babington burner list.

Hugh

posted Hide Post
Hello everyone, I recently acquired a total of four military Airtronics Babington burner units. These are new in the original boxes, but appear to have been test fired and each contain a small amount of fuel. I have listed them on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...eName=STRK:MESELX:IT for $1500 each or best offer (the Marine Corps paid $3900 each). These are the units being discussed in this thread, which to the best of my knowledge are not currently available anywhere else in the world. Please let me know if I can answer any questions about the burners, or if anyone here is interested in purchasing one. Thanks, Pete O'Rourke

Location: Columbus, Ohio USA | Registered: February 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post