BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel For Heating    beckett line heater

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

beckett line heater
 Login/Join

posted
Right before Christmas, I ordered a Beckett "start helper kit" it is basically a line heater that goes onto the metal line just behind the nozzle. it is super simple to hook up. you just wire it into the incoming 120v lines, and forget about it. I decided to give this a try because for whatever reason, I was having two no-lights a day running B100. Now this started happening after running successfully for 2 years on b100. I tried all the usual things, nozzle, adjustments, etc. so I gave the start aid a try, and so far so good. I've not had to go down stairs once. I'll keep everyone updated as the winter goes on. but for 29 bucks, so far it is money well spent. I got it at patriot supply.com hope this helps anyone having trouble.

powering
2 bobcats, an excavator, and a ventrac mower. looking for a diesel weedeater!

Location: morgantown wv | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i been blending 30% vo with 70 d2 and running with no problems for a year, wonder if i install one of those and preheat my fuel if i can get away with 50/50 mix. might have to look for one and start experimenting.

posted Hide Post
this thing was stupidly easy to install. it took me longer to open the box and get my tools. I don't have any experience with burning vo, so I can't help much there. I would say it has to help. It doesn't likely get too hot, parts of it are plastic.

powering

Location: morgantown wv | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
could you get me a part number? id like to try one too, ecpecialy if it's stupid easy to install lol
thanks.

posted Hide Post
51621 starter helper kit. I got it from patriot supply .com

powering

posted Hide Post
thanks, i think i might give one a try and fool around with some higher blends. i like the idea of bd but i havn't come up with a good way to get clear of the glycerin. havn't really poured my heart into it yet tho, i'm more of a svo guy so far.

posted Hide Post
that is a common problem. I've been making soap, both bar and liquid. but I could never make enough to use up what I generate. right now most of mine is getting composted, and the jury is still out on that, having just started.

powering

posted Hide Post
i like the idea of making a boiler that i could burn them wood chip and glycerin logs they make that i could heat a big hot tub and have wild parties in,,,,ways off though, i'l post pics if i ever have one.

posted Hide Post
Yeah by all means do that.

I'd love to see some pics of a wild hot tub party!

Big Grin

posted Hide Post
hahaha i got to get my priorities in order and get workin on that