BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel For Heating    Has anybody converted a beckett burner to run on wvo?

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anybody converted a beckett burner to run on wvo?
 Login/Join

posted
I was able to buy a fuel oil furnace for my garage and for the past few years always thought about burning wvo. I tinkered with a drip burner ,with no success. One drip burner claims to work with wvo but I find that hard to believe. It will work with used motor oil but wvo behaves differently in cold situations. Is there a way to use a Beckett burner without using compressed air? I was talking with another bio brewer the other day and he mentioned that more biodiesel brewers are starting to use straight wvo in their vehicles instead of making bio,so I've been thinking along that line for heating.

Location: western new york | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There isn't a section in this forum for "using wvo for heating" so I thought this is the best place to post my thoughts.One thing I was thinking is ,it would seem like the furnace combustion chamber would get sooty. It seems like diesels would have problems with residue.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: heatbeater,

Location: western new york | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may have to build a completely different firebox for a wvo burner ,but to burn wvo instead of making bio would have alot of advantaqes. Since I don't have a heated place to make bio I have to do my homeebrewing in the warmer months when I have alot of other projects to do. To burn wvo would a time and money saver. Plus elinimate disposal of glycerin and wash water.

posted Hide Post
I reading Graydon's newsletter where it mentions the Babington ball to wvo heat. Can someone explain the purpose of the design? I understand using separate orifices for the wvo and air to avoid clog ups,and the ball channels surplus oil to the downside. Why would there be surplus oil? Can't there be fins on the ball to channel the wvo over the air holes and cut down on the surplus?

posted Hide Post
if you search around this forum and just sit down to read some of the longer threads, youll find all of the answers you're looking for.