BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel For Heating    Nestor Martin/Efel Stoves

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nestor Martin/Efel Stoves
 Login/Join

posted
Anyone have experiance with Nestor Martin oil stoves (aka Efel) burning biodiesel? Made in Belgium.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raften,

Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: September 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bump

Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: September 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump again, am I the only one with one of these stoves?

posted Hide Post
hey raften,i'm sure its like the old siegler's.i have 2 of them,i also have a new franco belge that i havent used yet.i call it a pot style drip stove...has a carburator on back...right??if so,should work fine.it similar to a napoleon os10 or the kuma oil stoves(see conspirators post).in my sieglers i just have to make sure oil tank is in warm spot and it heats my shop......will

Location: western ny | Registered: April 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oh,forgot to mention.if it is the one with the carb,you might have to file the meter stem to allow more fuel in since bd is thicker.i had to on my sieglers.if i ran bd it would be half of what it was on kero...so i filed the stem and works great...but if i ever put kero in again i better only turn it halfway or i'd dump too much fuel.kuma sells a bd kit for their stoves and i believe thats all it is...again talk to conspirator....yahoo group keroseneheaterand stovecollector has great info in photo section,although they are for old ones, carbs are just about same

Location: western ny | Registered: April 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Willy. I will PM you if you don't mind.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raften:
Thank you Willy. I will PM you if you don't mind.
rather you keep it public so others can learn from the conversation too.

This is a good topic. I just learned something from it about filing down a needle.

But equally so.... if you believe you can, YOUR RIGHT as well.

Location: North Tx | Registered: November 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Coach, I'll be more than willing to post anything of interest as it comes up. I'll put up a pic of my stove when the camera comes home.
This is what they look like.
http://www.coastlineproductsinc.com/ef_oil.htm

posted Hide Post
quote:
Coach, I'll be more than willing to post anything of interest as it comes up. ...
Thanks cause inquiring minds wanna know.

Location: North Tx | Registered: November 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Coach, I'll be more than willing to post anything of interest as it comes up. I'll put up a pic of my stove...
any updates

posted Hide Post
Not much in updates. The damm thing has a metric fitting on the feed line and the new carb I got is SAE so I have to find someone to silver solder a SAE fitting on after I cut the metric one off. I have had it up and running great in a temp setup and while I don't like the B100 output a B80 works great. I am about to order some 5 inch SST double wall pipe and cut the hole in the roof. I have to go to the factory to get the pipe (60 miles)because the wood stove places around here have never heard of 5 inch pipe. Wood stoves are a endangered thing around here because of the smoke and the law.