BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel For Heating    Newbie Questions

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newbie Questions
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,

New to this wvo burning and find it incredibly interesting. I'm currently heating my shop with an old coal stoker furnace. It's an actual house furnace but uses a coal flame instead of natural gas or propane. What I'd like to do is replace the coal burner with a turk burner. This will be quite easy but of course will require manual operation instead of the atoumatic system with the coal stoker. I've attached a drawing of the exhaust setup in the furnace. It shows the path of the exhaust gasses and how it is designed to trap the fine ash before the gases reach the flue. Is there any reason to think this design would cause a problem for venting the turk burner?

Also, I may have come up with a new design for a vertical babington burner but I'll test it first before I shoot my mouth off.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shaun,

posted Hide Post
so long as your flue is long enough to provide a good draught i cant see why your set up would be a problem. And it must be for your coal burner.

By all means share your idea for a vertbab. We might be able to contribute to the design and new ideas are always welcome for discussion even if they dont always work out.

mathematical elegance -- desired result achieved with minimal complication

Location: Manchester UK | Registered: June 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post