BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel For Heating    military heaters onj ebay
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

military heaters onj ebay
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hi Tim C Cook,
I saw in another post that you mentioned the wvo burns cleaner in this military pot burners than in the Sander design with your dog bowl mods.
Now I read on this thread that you say this military pot burners were design for gasoline and that with some mods they work on kerosene which still is much thinner than wvo.
What are the succesfull mods to burn wvo in the military pot burner with a metering pump?

I am sold on using a metering pump with either the sanders (wich I already order and start building) or the military. A metering pump seems a nobrainer for fine control and automation.
I got a cheap dosing aquarium pump from ebay and pwm control, if that doesn't work well I have a few pumps from oil guns to follow your steps.
thanks in advance

Location: NY | Registered: December 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi all,
is anyone successfully burning wvo with a military pot burner?
Or is it better to just follow Tim c/sanders design for straight wvo?

I do not want to blend HHO.
there is also the spikes/ozzirt design out there anyone can compare for straight wvo?
thanks

Location: NY | Registered: December 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its probably too late to reply to this post but yes I heat my home with a boiler powered by a M1943 alaska burner. It can run on Wvo WMO or yellow grease if you have a heated fuel tank.

Location: Lismore Ireland | Registered: November 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had our first frost of the winter last night and encouraged by my wife's not so subtle hints I decided to start the oil heating.
This is the 6th year I will be heating my home with a boiler equipped with an alaska burner. I start the burner with biodiesel gravity fed through the control valve supplied with the burner. After about ½ an hour I turn off the biodiesel and turn on the wvo and run it on wvo for about 20 hours.
The wvo is actually yellow grease which would be semisolid at room temp but I store it in a well insulated tank that maintains it at 55°C. The oil is pumped into the burner by a williamson peristaltic pump at a rate of just less than one litre an hour. The burner heats the water in the boiler that is then circulated around 6 large radiators in my house.
The house is old and built of stone but is fairly well insulated and the rooms stay at 19 - 22°C throughout the winter.
I made the mistake of leaving the control valve full of biodiesel all summer and when I went to light it today it was all gummed up. I removed it and washed all the parts in white spirit, reassembled it and its going fine now.
Here is a picture of the burner running on biodiesel. As you can see the flame is blue like a propane flame, when burning WVO it has a orange tint although still very clean and completely smokeless.

www.imakebiodiesel.webs.com

Location: Lismore Ireland | Registered: November 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just seen this on ebay. Item no. 1121273758450

Bit more versatile than any mil surplus i think.

Interesting

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biojonnydiesel:
Just seen this on ebay. Item no. 1121273758450

Bit more versatile than any mil surplus i think.

Interesting

Nothing coming up on that item number

Kilkenny, Ireland.
Turk burner workshop heater using chip fat to heat bulk tank and feed house rads.

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Hi biojonnydiesel, Welcome to the forum,
are you by any chance the maker of the heater mentioned above? You registered on the forum and on the same day posted on 5 threads promoting this heater. We have no objections to commercial posts but it is good form to make it clear that you have a commercial interest in what you are promoting.

posted Hide Post
Hello sorry for that.

No financial interest but it is for my elderly uncle who is computer illiterate I am trying to promote. Yes bad form I know. Feel free to remove if you see fit.

BJD

posted Hide Post
This is year 7 heating my home with my alaska burner /boiler. Last spring I did remember to clean out the burner and empty the fuel tank so this time when I lit it again it started with no fuss.

Last year I developed a way of using lard and fats for biodiesel road fuel( fractional crystalization) so all my yellow grease now goes into my car, even in winter.

The fuel Im running my heating system on this year is black gasoil. Waste motor oil with water/antifreeze/brake fluid removed with an upflow system, filtered to 5 microns and then blended with kerosene to match the viscosity of biodiesel. This burns even cleaner and hotter than biodiesel with only a small amount of easily cleaned out ash.
I run the heating system for 16 hours a day including overnight. So Ive installed a monitoring system using an Arduino microprocessor. The unit monitors both the flue temperature and the boiler temperature and sends it via RF it to an identical unit in our bedroom . If the temp goes above a preset maximum it set off an alarm beeper to let us know. So far the flue temp never varies more than 3°C and we sleep well.

posted Hide Post
I have one of these military heaters - new in the box if anybody wants it? never ended up using it. Bought a Deville oil stove that I've used for a couple years - moving on to an oil furnace.

Location: West Michigan | Registered: March 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post