BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel For Heating    Wood heater in fireplace

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wood heater in fireplace
 Login/Join

posted
I have an Alaska burner sitting in my fireplace. I start it with a cup of kerosene and start dripping waste oil and it burns pretty good. I am loosing a lot of heat up the chimney. I found a wood stove at Northern tool website and I think the burner would fit in the door. I am thinking that I could sit the stove in the fireplace and the burner in the stove and get a better burn and more heat in the room. Has any one else done this or have thoughts and suggestions on a better way. I am tending the fire and do not leave it. Thoughts and suggestions please. My home e-mail is kavant@roadrunner.com. Pictures are more than welcome. Thanks Jack

posted Hide Post
I don't use an alaska,but I do burn glyc logs in my wood stove-I have also bought an "ecofan" to sit on top of the woodstove,it is brilliant,silently moves heat all over the room,well worth considering

Location: UK | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you post a picture? I do not know how to do that yet.

posted Hide Post

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post