BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel For Heating    B100 compatible filters

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

B100 compatible filters
 Login/Join

posted
I"m looking for a Cimtec 70996 replacement .The guy at the auto parts store gave me a Fram P3528A but I don't know if it's b100 compatible. I can't find any cross references for cimtec filters .

Location: western new york | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just try the Fram, I use regular filters I get from JMS and they show no problems.

Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: September 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i would think the Fram filter would be OK I'm just afraid of having problems if it starts to break down. I've came across some fuel filters(not Fram) that had a warning not to use with biodiesel.This filter doen't say up or down ,north or south!

Location: western new york | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, to ease your mind just buy the bio compatable filter, problem solved.

Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: September 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
i would think the Fram filter would be OK

Fram oil filters are very poor quality, why would their fuel filters be any better?

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I"m going to have to order some replacement cimtec filters. ,but needed a replacement without waiting for the shipment. In the mean time I'll try the Fram and hope for the best.

posted Hide Post
CAT makes good filters that hold up to B100 very well. I've been using them for the last 3 years as final filtering after drying. The CAT 1R-0749 is a large can while the 1R-0750 is a smaller, water block one. Both are 2 micron rated.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be dipped !!I tried the Fram filter on the Cimtec filter body and the filter won't even fill up. I opened the two bleeder screws and that didn't help. There must be a design difference between the two makes. I knew I should bought some spares. You tightwad heatbeater.That's why I'm making biodiesel. I'm a tightwad.