BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel For Heating    Want ideas for a pool heater

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Want ideas for a pool heater
 Login/Join

posted
Hey all , I have an inground fiberglass pool, 20,500gal, with a solar heater. Piping is 2" pvc that could be spliced into pretty easy.
Question is...What type ( name, size, etc. ) of diesel heater could be used to tie into the line and would handle enough flow to heat up my pool??? I have plenty of space.

Any Ideas??

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 11western,

Location: kingman,az | Registered: May 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.cheappoolproducts.com/Laars~Oil~Fired~Heater...53_1386~product.html

Im not finding it right now but there are out there in used land ex miliatary oil fired immersion heaters.

I think someone is reproducing them now too.

But equally so.... if you believe you can, YOUR RIGHT as well.

Location: North Tx | Registered: November 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What are your goals? Swimming? When?

I'd encourage looking for some solar pool heaters.

It would probably take some space, but would only require the energy to circulate the water.

Location: Oregon | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keelec, Thanks but I already have a large solar heat set-up just gets too cold here at night even with the blanket on the pool(over night).
Oh yeah, it's for swimming, keeping the pipes from freezing, etc.

Coachgeo, yeah I was thinking along those lines and will investigate more but I was thinking of making a b/d burner and converting a regular pool heater to use that, or something along those lines. Make it close to boiling so that by the time the water reaches the pool it would still be hot. Then the temp would be absorbed by the cold and eventually be up to 90deg or so and controlled by thermosat,etc.

Location: kingman,az | Registered: May 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post