BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel For Heating    Anybody use a beckett nozzle line heater?

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody use a beckett nozzle line heater?
 Login/Join

posted
I started to burn B100 in my furnace today after I heated and dried to 140 F it looks clear ,but I took a mason jar sample and when it cools below 80F it starts to get hazy. I'm thinking there must be hygenated oil in there or animal fats . If I have problems because the tank is in the basement and the temp is usually in the low 60's I could put a nozzle line heater on. Will the heater keep the bio above 80F when the burner is running alot in the winter? Any other suggestions?

Location: western new york | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It does not sound like it is dry. If all you did is heat it to 140 and then let is sit, that won't dry it. Put some in a jar in the fridge over night and see if it is cloudy.

Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: September 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heated to 140F and used a air bubbler to circulate with a fan blowing over the top. I put a sample in the fridge and it showed up cloudy but I thought it was from hydganated oil or animal fat,which I had no control over. On a smaller scale I could put some in a pot on a hot plate and see if I have the same problem after the sample heats for a while and then cools. If it that shows that there's water how do I dry 30 gallons? I guess I'll see what happens to the sample first. The plate is going to heat a sample alot higher than my tank can.

Location: western new york | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The way you dried it is the same way I do it. I don't remember the method not working well. You aren't bubbling air in from a big air compressor are you, they can add water to the bd if you don't have dry air. Do the hot plate thing and see what happens.

Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: September 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Use one of the moisture tests described here
http://www.burnveg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just use an aquiarum bubbler hitched to a steel pipe that's T'd on the end with 6"pipe on both ends of the T driiled with small holes. The bubble rod helps circulate the bio while the heating element is on. I ran the hot plate test up to 200F for a couple of minutes and let it cool to room temp. Poured a sample in a mason jar > Its definately clearer than the other sample. Proves I could do a better job of drying.