BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Safety    Man burned Making Biodiesel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man burned Making Biodiesel
 Login/Join

posted
Buckeye man burned while making biodiesel fuel in home

BUCKEYE, AZ 4-15-2010-- A Buckeye man was injured Wednesday while trying to make biodiesel fuel in a family member's backyard.
"I've been doing it for about five years now and never had a problem," said Jack Clegg.
Clegg had biodiesel processing equipment in his backyard until yesterday when it caught fire and blew up.
"Which is very rare, and unusual," Clegg said. "I have no idea what happened or what he did wrong."
Clegg's son-in-law, Chris Stokes, was at his father-in-law's house mixing fuel when something went wrong.
Fire investigators say it was just an accident, but aren't sure exactly how the fire started.
Stokes was taken to Maricopa Medical Center with mild burns on his face and second degree burns on his right hand, according to Clegg.
The man's family is grateful his burns aren't more serious or even worse.
"Lucky for all of us it didn't turn out that way," said Clegg.
Since the fire, Clegg has changed his mind about biodiesel, saying, "That's a hobby that I don't care to continue."

He'll now be getting his fuel from somewhere else.

"Let the professionals do it, I guess," said Clegg.

posted Hide Post

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW! we have a member here from Buckeye Az, Buckeyebiodiesel may be he has an inside scoup on this Tom

" I don't know what I don't know until I know"
1994 GMC 6.5 Tubo 2005 Dodge ram 3500, 3 VW's 2000, 2002, 2005.

Location: Manitoba Canada | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post