BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Safety    Does Northern Tool Pump have overload protection?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Northern Tool Pump have overload protection?
 Login/Join

posted
I have read here that the Northern Tools Clear Water Pump has overload protection.
In the archives there are several posts from 2008 that says it does not have overload protection.
Which is true?

posted Hide Post
Any motor that has an internal overload will state so on the motor nameplate. Look for words like; impedance protected, thermally protected, internal overload protection @ 125%, etc...
If it does not say it on the nameplate you can be certain that it doesn't have it and external protection will be required.
Cheers,
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many older motors used to have a reset button. Although I've rarely had to hit them.

I suppose that is no longer the case.

Location: Oregon | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depends on the application. UL/CSA rated fractional Hp blower/fan motors have thermal overload, some have a reset button.

The import pumps without UL or CSA certification on the nameplate likely won't have overload protection. That's why they're cheap.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the one that I have that I took apart..bad bearing..it had a thermal fuse.
its was mount in the pump end of the windings.

-dkenny

'84 bluebird school bus, DD8.2L turbo( 4/2011, the bus tranny has died..Frown 8.23.11 bus driven to scrap yard Frown )
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Smile - the wife's
99 dodge 2500 5.9l 24v..-mine Smile
everything run B100 when its warm enough Smile

Location: RTP, North Carolina | Registered: December 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post