BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Safety    dash hound in the dregs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

dash hound in the dregs
 Login/Join

posted
Hello everybody,

I have a few pet dogs at my place including two wiener dogs. They can smell a frech fry a mile away. Recently I composted a small amout of slugy bottom of the bucket dregs and covered it with straw and some dirt. while i was doing some things around the yard they had dug it up and was licking dirt and all. well tonight they are both felling uneasy and have thrown up a few times and it makes me fell like i should have composed else where. My question is : Has any one elses pet ate a little wvo and grime? I know its not good for them or us. I am wondering how to keep the animals away from the compost and if they are going to be alright. If they dont feel better tomorrow Ill take them to the vet.

Just getting this off my mind, Thanks for reading, Ill post more when they feel better.

Cooper_farm

Location: Bioville Ohio | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today both dogs are acting normal and running around like they do .I think they will be just fine, but ill be more cautious in the future. I guess you can never be to careful.

Location: Bioville Ohio | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it. From my experience with dogs as long as they are still drinking water you are ok, when they stop drinking its time to get them to the vet ASAP

posted Hide Post
http://www.nextag.com/serv/mai...=5218507058233077684 came from one of the banner adds here. They have a few decent looking composting bins that would allow you to compost yet still keep Fido(s) out. Worth a go?

Keep an eye on the pups, they may need to "go" more often over the next few days. You'll recognize that look in their eyes.

HTH

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2013 sponsor
posted Hide Post
These days, a lot of used cooking oil is used in the animal feed market. Granted, it's a little more processed than this but if it's just WVO (no methanol or caustic), no problem. Probably not deadly even if it was B-100.

I have dachsies and they are nosey (no pun intended). Glad yours are OK. Probably helped shine up their coats a bit!

2002 F-250, 7.3l on WVO since '04
'82 VW Rabbit diesel 1.6l na
'83 GMC 6.2l Class C RV
'85 F-350, 6.9l flat bed
'85 E-350, 6.9l cube van
2 Mercedes 300SD's
3 Chinese Changfa-style diesel generators- 12kw, 8kw & 7.5kw
Mitsubishi 3 cyl diesel generator/light tower
Kubota 2 cyl. diesel, water cooled air compressor
Onan 12.5kw air-cooled diesel genset
I run my company entirely on renewable energy including electricity from generators running on biofuels.

Location: El Dorado, Ark | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Black Lab also likes to get in the dregg bucket and usually just takes what she wants. she thinks she is getting away with something and is satisfied,. Also, the neighbors dog likes to lick all of the grease from the fittings on the farm equip. and has done so for years, hasn't hurt her and he has really shiny fittings.

Location: n.w.ohio | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post