Spontaneous combustion?

This topic can be found at:
http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/853106871/m/5331017001

July 13, 2011, 10:24 AM
freesoul
Spontaneous combustion?
quote:
Originally posted by 97idi:
so i came home from work today and went down to my processing shead, i smelt a odd smell, smelt like wood and bio burning, when i got their smoke was coming out from all the small cracks i opened the door with the fire extinguisher in hand and a huge smoke cloud came out, I took a look at my wood chip drum and saw smoke rolling from the top, i started by spraying the extinguisher in for a few sec at a time it helped but not enough, so i pulled the drum out side took the top off and almost all the chips were smoldering i covered it with dirt and let it sit a while.

my guess is spontaneous combustion although we have had alot of vandals lately so i wouldnt put it past some kids that have been destroing peoples cars etc..

put a new nice big lock on the door and plan on putting my cameras around the house.

also it was atleast 100*F today so the shead had to be atleast 130*F

can we assume the chips were not left full of biodiesel?

July 13, 2011, 09:12 PM
97idi
quote:
Originally posted by freesoul:
quote:
Originally posted by 97idi:
so i came home from work today and went down to my processing shead, i smelt a odd smell, smelt like wood and bio burning, when i got their smoke was coming out from all the small cracks i opened the door with the fire extinguisher in hand and a huge smoke cloud came out, I took a look at my wood chip drum and saw smoke rolling from the top, i started by spraying the extinguisher in for a few sec at a time it helped but not enough, so i pulled the drum out side took the top off and almost all the chips were smoldering i covered it with dirt and let it sit a while.

my guess is spontaneous combustion although we have had alot of vandals lately so i wouldnt put it past some kids that have been destroing peoples cars etc..

put a new nice big lock on the door and plan on putting my cameras around the house.

also it was atleast 100*F today so the shead had to be atleast 130*F

can we assume the chips were not left full of biodiesel?

Yes the chips have not seen bio for atleast 1 month due to a change in my system that i finshed the day before i found the smokey shead...