Originally posted by freesoul:
Originally posted by 97idi:
so i came home from work today and went down to my processing shead, i smelt a odd smell, smelt like wood and bio burning, when i got their smoke was coming out from all the small cracks i opened the door with the fire extinguisher in hand and a huge smoke cloud came out, I took a look at my wood chip drum and saw smoke rolling from the top, i started by spraying the extinguisher in for a few sec at a time it helped but not enough, so i pulled the drum out side took the top off and almost all the chips were smoldering i covered it with dirt and let it sit a while.
my guess is spontaneous combustion although we have had alot of vandals lately so i wouldnt put it past some kids that have been destroing peoples cars etc..
put a new nice big lock on the door and plan on putting my cameras around the house.
also it was atleast 100*F today so the shead had to be atleast 130*F
can we assume the chips were not left full of biodiesel?