BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Safety    National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Biodiesel Study
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Biodiesel Study
 Login/Join

posted
Hello folks,

My name is Brandon Law, I am a researcher/industrial hygienist for NIOSH. NIOSH is a non-regulatory institute charged with researching health and safety. I am currently looking at the biodiesel industry and biodiesel home production. We are primarily concerned with methanol exposures. I am looking for home producers that will let me do some air sampling and observation. NONE of the data collected can be or would be used to identify anyone, shut anyone down, or fine anyone, we are doing this to make people safer. If anyone is interested or can refer people who might be interested please let me know. Think of it as a free consultation by a safety professional.

Thanks!!

Location: Morgantown, WV | Registered: October 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brandon,

I'm a home brewer, but I don't brew often. I"m also a Certified Safety Professional and perform industrial hygiene sampling in the Oil and Gas industry. I see you are in West Va., but I was wondering if I could still help you by performing sampling myself, and possibly others in the Louisiana area. You could provide me with the sampling method and sample media, I may be able to help. I have personal sampling pumps available to me that I could use. Contact me on PM if interested.

Jack

Location: Somewhere in the swamp... | Registered: April 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would you be willing to pay me to take samples at my location?

Location: Vo Dilun | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post