BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Safety    Hangar, aircraft, and residence destroyed.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hangar, aircraft, and residence destroyed.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thanks for showing that. Boy if anyone asks why so many people just burn SVO have them read that.

Anarchist Moderator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maud:
Have you all seen this Penn State publication?
Biodiesel Safety and Best Management Practices for Small-Scale Noncommercial Use and Production It's already doing what I thought we should be doing.

I'm going to read through it in relation to this thread and see whether it addresses everything we've been talking about. Since this already exists, it would be much faster and easier to work up information to fill the gaps, if any.

Hat tip to Matt Steiman (farmer on this forum)(who you probably know Maude) who was instrumental in pulling that document together by working with homebrewers, small industry, and the Commonweath of Pennsylvania.

[satire]

Based on what I've read on this very thread, that kind of document can't possibly exist, and if it does, it is meaningless. Roll Eyes

[/satire]

Bob

Got Renewable Fuel?

Location: Moncure, North Carolina | Registered: April 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Trouts:
[satire]
Based on what I've read on this very thread, that kind of document can't possibly exist, and if it does, it is meaningless. Roll Eyes
[/satire]

[satire]
Well, Bobe, even if Matt (yes, he and I are buddies going back to an early conference in Golden, CO) and his team at Penn State did manage to write it, and even if it managed to be meaningful, nobody but nobody will ever read it.
[/satire]

Io, Saturnalia!

Location: St. Louis, Missouri, USA | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The newer heat pump water heaters might be an off the shelf solution that would be safer than a conventional HWS heat pump

Location: Nimbin Australia | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Although "satire" is somewhat applicable, sarcasm is more fitting. Big Grin Document worth giving a read to I would say.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas everyone!

Oh ya, I forgot all about that excellent document...
I had that document tucked away in the depths of my overflowing biodiesel folder... I first learned about in the BiodieselSMARTER magazine last year, if my memory wasn't such a vacuum I would have passed it along earlier in this discussion.
As you can see though the safety issues with the Appleseed are not addressed, it even references the Collaborative Biodiesel Tutorial where the unsafe design plans are listed. That does not take away from the rest of the excellent information though! Its certainly a step in the right direction...

It appears that allot of work went into that document, too bad its not a sticky on here so that others may be able to read it... Bob?

Cheers,
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
There's a CBT maintenance effort beginning right now that will ultimately take care of what's out of date on that site. The Penn State document will help us focus on the gaps rather than reinventing what already exists.

As Del's fire has pointed out, one of the gaps we need to fill is how to select/assess a production facility.

As this discussion has pointed out, as a hobby we need to agree on an Appleseed 2.0 or 3.0 and move away from the Appleseed 1.0. Now that things are so dead, it's the perfect time to do this type of housekeeping.

Location: St. Louis, Missouri, USA | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Appleseed 3.0

You are awesome Maud !

Merry Christmas to all !

edit:

The Appleseed 3.0 could mark the birth of the Appleseed design becoming more like Fedora. http://fedoraproject.org/en/index

Murphy and those could still be Redhat but the Appleseed design could be like Fedora.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dennyfreezer,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dennyfreezer:
Murphy and those could still be Redhat but the Appleseed design could be like Fedora.

Exactly right!

posted Hide Post
Has anyone heard anything more about this accident?
Is Del alright?
Any more information put out on the cause of the fire?
Thanks for any update!
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been watching the news and there hasn't been anything to update the original stories. I've also been monitoring Del's Yahoo! group and there's nothing there either. A member of the St. Louis Biofuels Club sent Del an email and got no response.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update Maud.
How is the safety paper going?
Cheers,
Jon

posted Hide Post
It's more than a stand-alone safety paper. We're going to rewrite the collaborative biodiesel tutorial from a safety perspective. The idea is to kind of "bake" safety into every article. When we identify gaps, we'll add articles. I'm personally working on a work site selection decision tool that will be a new feature.

posted Hide Post
Sounds great Maud, keep up the good work!
Cheers,
Jon