BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Safety    BioPro 380
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BioPro 380
 Login/Join

posted
I was watching all the BioPro 380 film clips Graydon Blair has posted to youtube and the question crossed my mind, "When they designed the BioPro 380 who did they have in mind to operate it? A monkey?"
Everything is located above your head. Nothing is easy to reach. To do anything with the machine requires you to climb up on something to reach it. The opening to put the caustic in was never designed for that purpose. Graydon had to use both hands to slowly coax the Caustic into the round slanting tube while balancing on a tiny step.
When it comes to putting the Sulphuric acid in you either climb up on the step while juggling the container of acid or reach above your head and hopefully pour it into an opening that you can not even see.

I think that for the $13,000 price tag they should have designed something that was a whole lot safer and user friendly.

posted Hide Post
It looks like the machine grew... bigger/taller without fully compensating for the changes.

There is no reason that the control board needs to be attached to the control box as I'm sure it is just connected with wires anyway. Drop it down to where it can be reached from the ground.

What is the thing with reaching behind the machine to the "on/off" switch? Why not a front mounted big red push/pull master on/off/safety switch?

Filling tubes should have grown as the machine grew.

It appears as if you mix caustic and methanol in a single tank which then is pumped as a liquid into the machine. With that in mind, the caustic & methanol tanks can be lowered to a convenient level, then a pump can pump the liquid contents up (to prevent backflow) and into the Biopro.

Is everything using manual filling with sight-tubes? What about metered pumps with auto-shutoffs? Locking hoses?

If you automated the glycerin draining (using electronic conduction sensors), you could automate a single processing step of Brewing, Draining Glycerin, washing, draining wash waste, & ending up with ready to use BD.

Oh, when filling the BP with cubies or buckets.... does the control box get in the way?

Location: Oregon | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post