BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Safety    Home-brew fuel explodes
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Home-brew fuel explodes
 Login/Join

<DCS>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by clean and green:
This story is about a man siphoning gasoline with a vacuum cleaner.

The dangers of which would appear to have been astonishingly obvious I would have ( incorrectly ) thought.

It's idiocy like this that makes me laugh at all the overly zealous and impractical safety concerns people rant on and on about with Bio Diesel.
When there are people in the world so ignorant and stupid as to try to pump fuel with a shop Vac, does anyone really think it is at all possible to stop these morons having accidents?? Roll Eyes

There will always be accidents because the stupid people are more skilled at creating them than the smart people could ever imagine anyone would be so foolish as to do something like that and think it was actually necessary to warn or prevent someone from doing the endless list of things that could kill and hurt them.
In cases like this, I am all for the process of natural selection!

It doesn't matter a hoot what safety precautions and devices you install, the determining factor of success or mayhem will always come down to the individual human factor far more than what or how something is being done.

I suppose if the vac didn't come with a warning on it not to try to move petrol with the thing, the moron who caused the fire will try to sue the company who made it. Roll Eyes
I hope there are warnings on it not to try to take the thing in the bath tub with you while it is plugged in, not to throw it from a 10 story building at passers by and performing freaky acts of self pleasure with the thing may also be detrimental to ones well being.

When you have idiots doing things like this with petrol and Vacuum cleaners, is it any wonder at all people will have accidents with Bio when others will do it for their lifetime without a hiccup.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I make and sell candles for a living and put a cautionary sticker on the bottom as we've all seen.

...based on a customers complaint...

...I'm thinking of adding another sticker to the top of the candle advising people not to read the sticker on the bottom while the candle is burning...

Location: Green Bay, WI | Registered: June 26, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes but siphoning gas with a vac is only dangerous when it's switched on. If it's switched off you could siphon gas happily all day long.

Location: New Zealand | Registered: August 15, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clean and green:
I make and sell candles for a living and put a cautionary sticker on the bottom as we've all seen.

...based on a customers complaint...

...I'm thinking of adding another sticker to the top of the candle advising people not to read the sticker on the bottom while the candle is burning...

Ok, that is just hilarious. Thanks for the laugh this morning! I owe you one.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Location: Utopia Planitia | Registered: February 25, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's idiocy like this that makes me laugh at all the overly zealous and impractical safety concerns people rant on and on about with Bio Diesel.
When there are people in the world so ignorant and stupid as to try to pump fuel with a shop Vac, does anyone really think it is at all possible to stop these morons having accidents?? Roll Eyes

There will always be accidents because the stupid people are more skilled at creating them than the smart people could ever imagine anyone would be so foolish as to do something like that and think it was actually necessary to warn or prevent someone from doing the endless list of things that could kill and hurt them.
In cases like this, I am all for the process of natural selection!

It doesn't matter a hoot what safety precautions and devices you install, the determining factor of success or mayhem will always come down to the individual human factor far more than what or how something is being done.

I suppose if the vac didn't come with a warning on it not to try to move petrol with the thing, the moron who caused the fire will try to sue the company who made it. Roll Eyes
I hope there are warnings on it not to try to take the thing in the bath tub with you while it is plugged in, not to throw it from a 10 story building at passers by and performing freaky acts of self pleasure with the thing may also be detrimental to ones well being.

When you have idiots doing things like this with petrol and Vacuum cleaners, is it any wonder at all people will have accidents with Bio when others will do it for their lifetime without a hiccup.
I'm glad to see that at least one person is capable of grasping the point behind posting the article. I suppose the other responses say a lot about those folks too.
Unfortunately we can't make idiocy illegal.
Some decisions suck. Natural selection rules.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJMOh2nhv1Q

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Report This Post