BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel Connections  Hop To Forums  More Biodiesel Connections    Need Help with Spanish Translations

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Help with Spanish Translations
 Login/Join

2013 Sponsor
posted
Hi,

Can anyone help me with the Spanish name for the following:

tote - that large square tank (275-350 gallon) on a pallet, usually in plastic and protected with a cage.

Resources - as in the web page that has information references and web links to more detailed information.

washtank - as in a tank of some sort used to water wash biodiesel.

what do Spanish Language sites call their home page?

draft - as in "the first draft of my book report"

Is it more correct/common to say 'producir biodiesel' or 'hacer biodiesel'

processor or reactor - as in the generic term for the mixing tank used to make biodiesel.

Which would be better: 'Sitios Recomendados' or 'Biodiesel Enlaces'

Location: Cowboy Country | Registered: December 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RickDaTech:
Hi,

Can anyone help me with the Spanish name for the following:

tote - that large square tank (275-350 gallon) on a pallet, usually in plastic and protected with a cage.

That would be just "Tanque portatil" ( which means portable tank)

Resources - as in the web page that has information references and web links to more detailed
information.

Referencias.

washtank - as in a tank of some sort used to water wash biodiesel.

Tanque de lavado.

what do Spanish Language sites call their home page?

Inicio

draft - as in "the first draft of my book report"

Borrador.

Is it more correct/common to say 'producir biodiesel' or 'hacer biodiesel'

Producir is most likely used to describe a commercial operation while hacer is most commonly used to described what an individual would do/make. Both can be used in the context you wrote.

processor or reactor - as in the generic term for the mixing tank used to make biodiesel.

Procesador o Reactor (don't tell me you saw that one coming, lol....)

Which would be better: 'Sitios Recomendados' or 'Biodiesel Enlaces'

Sitios recomendados.

All that being said, there are different words used in different Spanish speaking countries that mean the same and also same words can mean something completely different.
I imagine you're trying to put together a Spanish section on a website or something similar.
A most correct translation can be made knowing which will be the targeted country; and for a safe, all around I suggest sticking to pure Spanish from Spain, which it's not the most popular but it's the one all derive from so they will understand.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Good luck and hope this helps

Willy

Location: Duluth, Ga | Registered: October 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2013 Sponsor
posted Hide Post
Yes Willy, I'm attempting to put together a Spansih version of my web site www.make-biodiesel.org, and it's turning out to be a lot more difficult than I anticpated.

Are the terms your suggesting localized for Spain?

Inicio or Principal? I've seen both, sometimes on the same page. start vs main I'm guessing it's almost interchangable.

Location: Cowboy Country | Registered: December 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The terms I suggested are what I would use in my country of origin, Argentina, they should be pretty close or easy to understand.

I'll take a look at your website and see if there's anything I can suggest.

As far as Inicio or Principal, I think Inicio is most widely used although both can work and are easy to understand what you are referring to.

Location: Duluth, Ga | Registered: October 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi RickDaTech,

I would be pleased to help with your "spainish" site translations if you need.

Regards,

Mark.

Location: Madrid, Spain | Registered: February 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post