BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel Connections  Hop To Forums  More Biodiesel Connections    Philippine Biodiesel
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philippine Biodiesel
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
This is somewhat off topic. Does anyone among you know where to buy alpha amylase enzyme in the Philippines? I need this for ethanol making.

HTML

Location: Philippines | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hELLO ANYONE,
PLS. GET IN TOUCH WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO TEACH US HOW TO MAKE BIO DIESEL IN ACTUAL. WOULD REALLY WANT TO USE IT FOR PERSONAL USE.

Location: marikina | Registered: August 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Everyone from PH!!

I'm in Quezon City, have been testing out batches here and there. Both using good and bad oil as feedstock. My concerns with waste oil is that it's very hard to find and often it is bought at a price... some really sell it from 220-350. This has discouraged me from using wvo. I am planning to find sources with algae oil or algae plantation or people who want or know everything about algae; maybe even jatropha oil as well. Those interested kindly post you contacts here and your specialty Smile

Regards,
Griff
I don't want to use - I intend to mass produce

posted Hide Post
Griffdy, have you ever try to research about algae based biodiesel? I don't think it is feasible because it would require a lot of algae just to produce a little amount of biodiesel. Also the process of extracting the oil from algae would require a centrifuge which cost a lot of money even for a surplus one. Just stick to WVO, it will still be cheaper than petro diesel even if you have to buy it from restaurants.

Location: Philippines | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm also a biodiesel enthusiast residing in Paranaque, presently in U.S. and will be back to Phil end of the month. I have done a lot of research in the intenet and seem to be confident I can do my first homebrew as soon as I get back. Hope we can get together with the other biodieselers and form a club.

quote:
Originally posted by dw1veu:
Hi Manoy,

Happy to have you on-board.

posted Hide Post
Coming into the discussion quite late but anyways.

I've been making biodiesel on and off since 2006, I made my own drum processor, vacuum dryer, settle and wash tank.

I would like to help any kababayan who wants to get into homebrew biodiesel because the more we are, the better for us all in terms of wvo sourcing, methanol sourcing, quality control etc.

You guys can ask me anything about biodiesel. 09272713617

Location: q.c. philippines | Registered: August 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
superfunkibey,

i am from pampanga and i am a newbie in the biodiesel world, though i have high interest in building a wvo powered engine myself. may i suggest that we officially form a club/group that will share common interest of probably create a project altogether?

posted Hide Post
I am curious as whether anybody here is still making biodiesel regularly in spite of the downturn in fuel/oil prices.

I personally believe we should continue in renewable energy development so we can break free from the bonds of OPEC.

Location: q.c. philippines | Registered: August 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
superfunkibey, yes still mke my biodiesel and i have been dooing this for the last 3yrs. By the way. have you tried using mcdo used cooking oil for BD mking? I tried and m having problems. Mixing it wd other organic oils though mkes it processable.Any help is welcomed....

HTML

Location: Philippines | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, still making biodiesel, but having problem finding very cheap oil these days. I have not tried Mcdo oil yet. But my oil looks very nasty compared to Mcdo or jollibee oil. Just make sure it is dry.

Location: Philippines | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello pidsmb and arvin... Glad to hear you guys still making biodiesel. Personally I have stopped making biodiesel per se. I just offer the service of turning wvo into biodiesel for a certain fee.

I have used mcdo oil before and it is tricky, key things are catalyst amount and heat, plus proper mixing. Currently the oil I'm given has come from carinderias, tokyo-tokyo, some chinese restos, and a few fastfoods I think.

However, I am looking to divest myself of all biodiesel related equipment so if anyone is interested its all up for sale. Processor, settling tanks, wash tanks, vacuum dryer, drum of methanol, plus some extras. If anybody might be interested they can drop me a line at 0927-2713617 or at superfunkibey@gmail.com

posted Hide Post
Hi...Algae really isnt past the research stage at this point. It is very high in oil content but extracting the oil is the problem. Jatropha (tuba tuba) could be a better alternative at the moment.

Hello Everyone from PH!!

I'm in Quezon City, have been testing out batches here and there. Both using good and bad oil as feedstock. My concerns with waste oil is that it's very hard to find and often it is bought at a price... some really sell it from 220-350. This has discouraged me from using wvo. I am planning to find sources with algae oil or algae plantation or people who want or know everything about algae; maybe even jatropha oil as well. Those interested kindly post you contacts here and your specialty Smile

Regards,
Griff
I don't want to use - I intend to mass produce[/QUOTE]

Location: Manila Philippines | Registered: August 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am very interested in finding information on Jatropha in the Philippines. I understand it is grown quite a bit in Mindanao. Would like to possible find a source in QC or Laguna. Interested in determining cost per kg, amount that can be supplied, how often it can be supplied and contact information. Also interested in crushing facilities. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Location: Manila Philippines | Registered: August 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a need for glycerine, biodiesel by-product. I am from Iligan city Philippines.Those interested to supply,just pm me...pidsmb@gmail.com

HTML