BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Dewatering/Drying Washed Biodiesel    Drying by raising the temp?

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drying by raising the temp?
 Login/Join

posted
I'm totally new to biodiesel production, and I'm making my first test batch. Can the biodiesel be dried by simply heating it up? I would think that the water would just evaporate, leaving the dried biodiesel ready for use... or are there complications with this method? Thanks folks Smile

posted Hide Post
Hello Margo

Provided the container the biodiesel is in is open, heating will dry it.
Just letting it sit in the sun for a few days works fine.

Location: ลึก ประเทศอินเดีย | Registered: March 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too am new at this and will be brewing soon. I've made a seperate drying tank w/ a blower pipe extending down to the bottom of a 40g elec. hw heater and plan to heat it up to near boiling and blow warm dry air thru it to escape out the vent. My question is how long do I heat/circulate and airate? And how do I know when its dry?

Will

Location: Valley Center | Registered: August 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure how the appleseed type set-up reacts but you might try doing a hot pan test(hpt)first and dry for awhile,after temp hits 150 or so,start time, then do hpt again to see how much drier it is.

Would probably be faster with an open top drum and shower head,heater set-up. Mine dries in about 2hrs.after hitting temp. so maybe 3 hrs total.

Location: kingman,az | Registered: May 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
11western....your set-up sounds good...would you be able to post pics of it....I've got to see how this works...

Paul

posted Hide Post
http://www.b100wh.com/waterwash.html down near the bottom is the way I used to do it.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sorry frenchfry1 been busy lately but yeah check biodieselpictures.com look in the equipment pics section.
I'll double check to make sure I put good pics of the inside of the tank and all that.

Location: kingman,az | Registered: May 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post