BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Dewatering/Drying Washed Biodiesel    Info on Coorga International a.k.a. The Quik N Dri folks

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Info on Coorga International a.k.a. The Quik N Dri folks
 Login/Join

posted
With all the questions about Coorga International and the Quik N Dri product, I wanted to take a chance to share a little bit about Coorga International, what they do, who they are, and why they have an interest in Biodiesel.

I've been visiting with them for quite some time in relation to the Quik N Dri product and did some initial testing on the product as well. I'll also be one of the guys making it available in the US.

So, here goes...

1) Who is Coorga International?
Coorga International is a trading company based in Ontario, Canada. It was created in 2005 by Garfield and fellow associates. The company has 3 full time employees and 1 part time employee. Its headquarters are based in Ontario, Canada in an industrial park. They operate out of a 2500 square foot facility and have offices and warehouse space in that facility.

Here's what it looks like:

Here's the semi that picked up my load of QnD that is now here in Utah.

2) What do they do?
Initially, Coorga specialized only in buying and selling goods in the trading market. However, after operating a trading business, they decided that they wanted to expand Coorga into a specialized manufacturer. Through their trading experience they had made key contacts with several manufacturing facilities and knew the distribution end of things extremely well.

Their first products they sold under the branded Coorga name included cleaning products, acne prevention products, and toilet seat covers. They contracted with manufactures in Montreal and in China to produce these products and sold them under the Coorga International brand.

Manufacturing was done through contracted third party manufacturing plants as this allowed Coorga to bring products to the market in an efficient and economical manner.

In the beginning, they also contracted out the warehousing through third parties and handled the office work in a separate location. About 19 months ago they moved to the facility they're in now (the pictures above) and now warehouse inventory locally at the new facility but still utilize third party warehousing when necessary. To see some of the products they offer outside the biodiesel market you can visit their main website at http://www.coorga.com.

3) What is the picture of the building on the Coorga website?

The warehouse pictures on the Coorga corporate website (http://www.coorga.com) are pictures of one of their main contracted warehouses. They still utilize third party warehousing at times but are slowly utilizing the 2500 square foot facility they're in now.

4) Who is the woman on the Coorga website?

It's a stock photo that was used when the website was originally built. When built, like many businesses out there, they utilized template software to write the site. The lady on the site was just part of the package they had. Garfield and his other employees aren't nearly as good looking (yes, that's a joke).

5) So why Biodiesel? Why now?
It happened when one of the founders of Coorga watched an episode of dirty jobs about 9 months ago. A biodieseler was on the program talking about making fuel from restaurant grease. At around the same time the Canadian government started talking about their biofuel initiative which was the reason Coorga started to investigate the business opportunity.

At first they were considering starting their own commercial plant since their trading business would allow them to import cheap feedstock and such. Over time though they saw one commercial producer after another shut down & decided to look into becoming a supplier of Biodiesel related production items instead of being an actual Biodiesel producer.

6) How Quik 'n' Dri came about?
As they were researching Biodiesel, they found the Infopop Forum and their staff started watching & reading to figure out what were the main problems most of us had. Problems with water in both the oil and in the Biodiesel seemed to be the big ones. Since Coorga was well positioned and connected to manufacturers, they started to look for something that might fill this need. In discussions with one of their local suppliers, a manufacturer of chemical products, the discussion lead to the idea of an absorbent which eventually lead to Quik N Dri.

7) Why is it being offered?
Coorga identified that something like this type of a product was missing in the marketplace. With the way dewatering was currently done, it seemed to either take a lot of energy (heat) or a lot of time (settling). Either way, they believed that something simple and easy to use might be successful with home brewers, which is why they decided to introduce Quik N Dri here on the Infopop Biodiesel Forum.

8) Who will be selling Quik ‘n’ Dri?
Right now the product will be sold in the United States through Biodiesel Supply Retailers. They're still talking to several companies to set up a distribution network, but as of today the following 3 companies are being shipped product & will start off as the initial distributors of Quik 'n' Dri in the United States.

Here's who they are.
A) Utah Biodiesel Supply
B) B100 Supply
C) Home Biodiesel Kits

My shipment of Quik N Dri will be hopefully ready to start shipping by the end of this week (it's here in Utah, I just have to get it situated & ready to ship). Ricks has also arrived & Home Biodiesel Kits should be arriving shortly.

So, that's the quick and dirty on Coorga & Quik N Dri.

Feel free to shoot me any questions & I'll try & get them answered.

Thanks,
Graydon

Utah Biodiesel Supply - Biodiesel Supplies, Parts, Kits, Tutorials, Decals & More
Utah Biodiesel Supply Blog - Tutorials, Articles, Pictures, & New Products!
Free Biodiesel Tutorial Videos - Learn to make Biodiesel through videos!
Utah Biodiesel Facebook Page - Stay up to date on all things Biodiesel!

Location: Utah | Registered: October 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Graydon, First of all, thanks, I ordered my Q n D on the 10th and got it today with my labels. Pretty fast for just stocking a new product,Qudos.

Although I'll look through the posts there are no sugestions on the best ways to use this. Maybe you could print up a flier to stick inside the box. Not a big deal, just a marketing thought.

Anyway thanks again...

Chris M.

Location: kingman,az | Registered: May 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Great suggestion...
I was just racking my brain today on that topic.

There's a great thread over here where people have been talking about how they're using it...

http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8361026472/m/2671062072

I'm thinking right now a sock filter in a housing might actually work the best but I haven't tested that theory yet.

I'd love to know what you come up with though.
-Graydon

Utah Biodiesel Supply - Biodiesel Supplies, Parts, Kits, Tutorials, Decals & More

posted Hide Post
Was thinking of a 5gal paint strainer and panty hose(just to see) and a 2" or 3" sch40 pvc tube.( have that here so it's good for a test) Did 200ml test last night and when I got up this am all water had been absorbed.

Will play around a little more and post. I got a couple gals of washed b/d and will use it.

Location: kingman,az | Registered: May 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sweet! Lemme know how it goes...
-Graydon

posted Hide Post
Not to sound smart, but my drying time on a 50 gal. batch is only 2 hours. Why would I spend $$ to speed it up?

Verlon

Location: Iowa | Registered: June 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post