BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Dewatering/Drying Washed Biodiesel    Any way to "polish" dry at high flows

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any way to "polish" dry at high flows
 Login/Join

posted
Assuming that I get reasonably (less than 500 ppm water) finished BD in my storage container, I am still concerned about additional water absorption before I put it in my vehicle tank.

Are there any methods to "polish" dry the fuel as I pump it into the vehicle tank? Quick-n-dry etc requires a low flow rate, and it is my understanding that water-block filters really only remove free water, not the miscible 500-1000 ppm. Flow rate for my fueling set-up is about 5 gal/minute.

Thanks

Location: Idaho, USA | Registered: May 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd suggest molecular sieves then, you can run them much like an ion exchange resin in a little column. If you are sure you have 500ppm or less you shouldn't need much. They also absorb methanol, but if you water wash that shouldn't be a problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molecular_sieve