BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Dewatering/Drying Washed Biodiesel    Lets build an electrostatic separator

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lets build an electrostatic separator
 Login/Join

posted
Ok, I have no patience. I want to make about 2 batches of 40 gallons net of biodiesel in two days or so. That's with meth recovery. What I want? An electrostatic separator. BioPro makes one, but at 3500, just a little out of my range. Graham shows it works. And now here are the plans of guy who designed one for Ham Radio testing parts. Not that complicated, but beyond my knowledge especially where there is no room for learning curve mistakes. What do you think?

Write up with pictures: LINK

Plans: LINK

ImageHV-TESTER1.png (45 Kb, 46 downloads)

Location: Los Angeles | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, just spoke to Bill who designed/posted the links above. Apparently they are DC, not AC. I need to find an electrical wizard.

Doug

Location: Los Angeles | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Doug,
In my opinion, if you are not sure of how to convert AC to DC, this is likely not the project to start on. Not that I need to tell you, but, Electricity kills!
I might suggest you try to send a PM to a forum member here who goes by the handle of jdoughy. He has done allot of experimenting with electrostatic separation, I believe inspired by GL's tests...
I believe he posted some of his work here on this site a couple of years back...

If I where in a rush like you, I would likely just setup a wood chip tower, do a WBD and pass it through the chips. In 2 days that would be pushing it, but should be achievable, no?
I believe the chips will work quicker then electrostatic separation too...
Good Luck!
Cheers,
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post