BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Dewatering/Drying Washed Biodiesel    Size of Turbo Dryer

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Size of Turbo Dryer
 Login/Join

posted
I used to produce bio in 150litre quantities,using I Makes turbo dryer very successfully. I now intend going to 1000litre batches . What size fan and air pump should I use? I would appreciate some input on this from the knowledgeable people on this forum . Thanks in advance Jock

Location: Kokstad.Kwazulu Natal.South Africa | Registered: June 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
For batches of that size I would recommend the use of dry media, hard wood chips or dust to be precise. Set up a few up flow barrels in series and use that.

You will need to get most of the soaps out first by evaporating/recovering the suspended methanol if you want the media to last.

Once the excess methanol is removed allow the soaps to settle for a couple days and then run the BD through the dry media and a small micron filter to polish and use.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post