BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Dewatering/Drying Washed Biodiesel    Does Bio Absorb Water/Moisture??

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Bio Absorb Water/Moisture??
 Login/Join

posted
I have some bio that is washed and dried but has been sitting in my garage with the top off. Will I have to dry it again before using it? How critical is it to keep finished bio in a sealed container?

Location: West Texas | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by artesp:
I have some bio that is washed and dried but has been sitting in my garage with the top off. Will I have to dry it again before using it?

Yes if water tests show it's wet.

quote:

How critical is it to keep finished bio in a sealed container?

How humid is the air where you are storing it?

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my climate, which I have to admit is normally very wet, biodiesel will absorb approximately 50 ppm of water per week in an open topped container. so after a few months its likely it will need drying. but as John Galt said it depends how dry or otherwise your atmosphere is.

Location: Lismore Ireland | Registered: November 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post