BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Biodiesel Glossary    Glossary

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glossary
 Login/Join

posted
I just noticed this section was empty, I will add what I can...

• WVO ~ Waste vegetable oil
  • UVO ~ Used vegetable oil
  • VO ~ New vegetable oil
  • UMO ~ Used motor oil
  • RUG ~ Regular unleaded gasoline
  • methoxide ~ Mixture of methanol and caustic, typically either NaOH or KOH is the caustic used for making biodiesel.
  • MeOH ~ Methanol, the alcohol typically used as the solvent for making biodiesel
  • KOH ~ The caustic Potassium hydroxide
  • NaOH ~ The caustic sodium hydroxide
  • AE ~ Acid esterification, used to reduce FFA's is high titrating WVO
  • HTAE ~ High temperature acid esterification
  • FPHE ~ Flat plate heat exchanger
  • TEFC ~ Totally enclosed fan cooled electric motor, desirable for biodiesel processing equipment

Well thats all I could think of...
Cheers,
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The glossary was moved to the archive site here. I posted a message about it in the "This Site" forum in November but it still hasn't been addressed. I waited about a month for something to happen, then I reported my post to get the attention of the moderators. That didn't seem to work either.

I think this thing is broken.->

Ken

Location: Sellersville, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Jon
Thanks for that-I'm going to print it out and keep it in front of the pc,to try and help with memory issues!!lol.
Merry christmas to all

Location: UK | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post