BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Oil Collection, Filtering, Dewatering  Hop To Forums  Oil Collection    Looking to start a small wvo collection company
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking to start a small wvo collection company
 Login/Join

posted
I want to start a (very) small wvo collection company and don't really know what steps I should take to begin collecting. From driving around it looks like S animax has a lot of the business tied up. I can get my hands on a truck with a lift gate, containers, and a pump. I don't know what I'd like to do with the oil once its collected (turn it into fuel, sell to renderer).

Any information or suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. Please bare with me as I'm trying to learn as much as possible while avoiding costly mistakes.

Thanks,

-hyper

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hyper: I don't know what I'd like to do with the oil once its collected (turn it into fuel, sell to renderer).

I'd suggest knowing the destination would be a bloody good idea before planning and starting the journey!
Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd suggest knowing the destination would be a bloody good idea before planning and starting the journey!

To start off I think I'd sell to a renderer because I don't have a storage space where holding tanks can be kept (yet). The next step (if I choose to take it that far) would be finding such a space once funds are available.

A few more thoughts: If I'm looking to compete with larger companies to get accounts is it not advisable to drop a container for an account to fill when they're already contracted? Obviously I would be talking to the owner of any establishment and get their permission before doing this. Does anyone have experience as an independent doing this sort of thing?

-hyper

posted Hide Post
In what general area are you located?

Recycling & Green Fuels Research: www.altfuelsgroup.org
Ozone Eating Toys For Big Boys !!: www.suncoastexotics.com
Carefully Maintaining A Carbon Neutral Footprint...

Location: Southeastern Ohio | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kenr34:
In what general area are you located?

Mid-west

-hyper

posted Hide Post
give me a call 414 779 0080. I can help you start out

building a strong local energy system

Location: milwaukee  | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post