Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

theft
 Login/Join

posted
Some person just stole over 200 gal of unfiltered UVO from my drums. AAAAAAAGH!!!!

Proprietor of The Blunderbuss muzzle loading gun shop. Member of Denver Biodiesel CO-OP.

Location: lakewood, Co. | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rotten SOB....

Mad

My parents just had 80gal of farm diesel stolen from their tank...IR game cameras are set-up in case the little b@stard is ballsy enough to try again.

Location: Southern WI, USA | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We get a lot of theft also. it helps that the market is so low now. but for a small business any loss hurts. if you catch them press charges! it will help the rest of us.

building a strong local energy system

Location: milwaukee  | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a kicker!

Local Renderer admitted taking my WVO AND the 55 gal drum and left their 55 with their company name and phone number on it. I called the local police dept and after explaining the circumstances. The officer called the company manager to remove his 55 which they did the next morning (in my presence!).

Here's the kicker - the cops didn't have a category for the theft of Grease. I was stuck. Went down to the PD and asked for a theft report. Spoke to a lawyer about it. He gave me the correct words that I should have used. My 55 has not been disturbed by the renderer, but it has been hit only once since then. Guess I will have to put up with them for now. If I catch them stealing my WVO I will prosecute them to the full extent of the CA law.

posted Hide Post
I wish someone would steal my oil. I have WVO runnin' outta me ears.

Location: ลึก ประเทศอินเดีย | Registered: March 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone using a drum behind a restaurant to collect Used Fryer Oil will have it stolen, contaminated with all sorts of stuff, vandalized, and create a greasy mess that attracts rodents.

All of the restaurants I collect from place the used oil back into the cubies. Each kitchen has a large funnel I've given them to make it easy. They call me on the morning they're changing oil, and place the full cubies just inside the back door or on the dock. I pick them up by the next day or call one of my buddies who also collects oil and he will pick it up. There is far less mess and hassle for the restaurant, and we get cleaner used oil.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been collecting WVO from my 55's for 10 yrs. Only ONCE has my WVO been stolen! As far as contaminants, the window screen is quite effective, and the ABS barrel cover sheds the rain.

The first WVO kit included (installed in 2005) a HOH conversion. As the VO miles increased, I kept a record of the VO temp before the VO fuel pump. The second WVO kit installed, in 2007, in a different vehicle, had a HIH. Found the temps rose faster from a cold start up. IMHO, I don't think any reasonable person could not support that heat transfers faster through metal.

The HIH system consists of 3/4" American made radiator hose, 3/8" 6061 T6 aluminum tubing, two brass "T"'s, Two barbed hose connectors, two nylon ferrels.

posted Hide Post
A typical series circuit for the coolant flow will always heat up slower than a parallel loop circuit that puts the FPHE on it's own coolant loop directly from the block and directly back to the coolant pump. TOH works just as well as HOH if one wants better heat transfer with the aluminum fuel tube.

Location: coldest N.America | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post