BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Oil Collection, Filtering, Dewatering  Hop To Forums  Oil Collection    Looking to update my processes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking to update my processes
 Login/Join

posted
Hello all. I'm looking to get back into running my '93 dodge 250 on SVO and start using the 400+ gal of oil that I've been continuing to gather from my source. The truck has 384K miles, I probably ran 150K of that on SVO, although I haven't run on VO in over 2 years. The truck is currently out of commission and I'm pretty sure the injector pump needs replacing. When I get it back from the shop, I plan on re-installing my VO tank and I'm wondering if there's been any new developments in the VO processing area in the past few years. I was using the cold upflow method followed by 10 and then 3 micron filters to process my oil. Any suggestions on modifications?

Also, anyone in the South Puget Sound region still running on SVO?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: billyO,

'93 Dodge 250 - 5.9L cummins, 385K. Cold-upflow settling with gravity feed through 10 and 3 micron spin-on filters (which have not needed changing for 500+ gal and counting. Hooray for cold-upflow settling! Thanks john galt! )

Location: Eatonville, WA | Registered: September 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post