BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Oil Collection, Filtering, Dewatering  Hop To Forums  Oil Collection    Centrifuge System design
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Centrifuge System design
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All,

I need a bit of advise from those running centrifuges to clean WVO.
I have a new WVO Designs Centrifuge and a variable speed motor/controller that allows up to 6000 rpm operation.
My question is to do with the re-circulation of WVO and how completely the WVO will pass through the centrifuge with a single tank system.

Explanation:
==============
Due to space limitations I was planning the mount the centrifuge on top of a 10 gallon vessel and pour my WVO from the cubie directly into the vessel (through a mesh filter) which is heated by a band heater.
Once heated, a pump would circulate the oil from very bottom (underside) of the cone bottom tank, up through the centrifuge, and drain back into the same tank tank. If done for several passes can I expect ALL of the WVO to get processed ??? or would there be pockets that never get circulated ??

I do realize that most systems drain from a dirty tank, through a fuge, and into a clean tank.
I am wondering if anyone has had success with a single tank recirc system ?

thanks,
Veggie

F250 7.3 Powerstroke