BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Oil Collection, Filtering, Dewatering  Hop To Forums  Oil Collection    Filter Press for Biodiesel ? Has anyone use it ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Filter Press for Biodiesel ? Has anyone use it ?
 Login/Join

posted
Hello All

This is my first post and I am a newbie on biodiesel world. I am trying to produce biodiesel in Brazil and I have few doubt about filtering WVO. My goal is to produce 500 galons/week. I am going to heat it up and filter it from 600 microns - 400 - 200 - 100 - 75 and maybe 50 microns. After that I am thinking about using a filter press before start the whole process.

Has anyone used a filter press before ? What is your opinion about that ?

P.S - Sorry for my English.

Location: Sao Paulo - Brazil | Registered: October 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
we are committed to pyrolysis the waste plastic,rubber and waste tires to diesel .Here invoves some information you maybe need :http://www.doinggroup.com/index.php?u=show-317.html Good luck to you !

posted Hide Post
If your going to make biodiesel then screening through a window type screen or T shirt material ( what I use) is sufficient. more important is the dryness of your oil

" I don't know what I don't know until I know"
1994 GMC 6.5 Tubo 2005 Dodge ram 3500, 3 VW's 2000, 2002, 2005.

Location: Manitoba Canada | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive used several industrial scale filter presses, and if well maintained and properly set up will do a great job pulling particulates out of your oil or biodiesel. Just make sure the specifications are what you need before you invest and you should be good! I dont know if it would be any use drying your oil though. If youre going that advanced people here would probably recommend a centrifuge. maintenance would cost more though.

posted Hide Post
Hi saulera,

I've never found i needed anything more than a medium

aperture kitchen sieve. All the bits that go thro this come out

with the glycerol.As Biotom says, it's more important you make

sure the oil is dry. Anyway, Bio will have to wait for a while, as

you will have a few WORLD CUP games to watch!

Location: YORK UK | Registered: April 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should I put a small tank between the pump(s) and the main tank to prevent the possibility of any oil being sucked into the pump(s)? I have a tank that's about 23 gallons that's not being used for anything that I could use. If I was to do such, does it matter what size the line between it and the main tank is?

pass4-sure.net
http://www.svsu.edu/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kaya,

kaya

posted Hide Post
Our company has built many Filter Presses for the Biodiesel Industry (including companies overseas), and they all have been satisfied with filtration levels.

The nicest features about using a Filter Press, is that they a very easy to operate. Since there are few moving parts the machines last a very long time.

You can always contact a Technical Sales Rep for more specific operations and details.

Marketing Leads Manager
https://metchem.com

Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 08, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post