Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inquiring for a Friend...
 Login/Join

posted
A buddy of mine has an 08 Cherokee with the 3L Diesel in it. He is considering upgrading the turbo for a bit more power. I know gas motors, not too much about diesels. I have a few questions...

1. I know from the factory, its a Garrett Turbo. Can anyone tell me which model they installed as OEM, so I can figure out the proper upgrade for him? What is the boost set at from the factory?

2. Does the car have a BOV installed from the factory, i would imagine it does. Would the goal of more boost be achievable through changing over to an electric BOV with a controller?

3. The fuel system. Are the injectors anywhere near being maxed out in stock trim? Can the factory fuel system support more boost without physical mods?

4. The ECM (PCM), whichever it is in that vehicle. I know that the computer can account for minor variations, (intake and catback exhaust) without tuning, but will tuning be required for the added boost?

Thanks in advance for the info.

posted Hide Post
I believe these motors are based on the bluetech (SP) that has been in use in Europe for awhile now. You may want to check some EU performance sites for more information.
Is your friend running it on biodiesel?
Jon

Location: Wellington County, Ontario Canada | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post