Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking at a CRD
 Login/Join

posted
So I have a line on a very nice 2006 CRD with 125000 miles. I know next to nothing about these rigs although I do know that the fuel economy is great for the room that you get in the vehicle.
Are there things that I should look for? Has this been a reliable platform? Any insight would be great. Thanks!

Ken
Portland Oregon

posted Hide Post
Did you try looking at the LostJeep.com website. Lots of good information. The trick to a Jeep is the timing belt needs changed every 100k miles and it is $800 if you do it yourself. Add $600 if you have to pay someone.
Mine has 60k grease miles and 133k total miles. They like to be driven hard and on the highway. They also need a few modifications for them to keep running good. I spent less than $20 on the mods. In 60k miles I have changed timing belt, ball joints, tires, battery, thermostat, oil and filters. I paid someoe to do the timing belt and ball joints.
I like the 2006 model better than the 05.

Robert
In Fort Lauderdale running a 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 2 veg tanks HOH 2 upgraded greasecar vavles 3/8 fuel line 5/8 heater line HOH Hose wrapped filter. Injector Line heater on the Common Rail. 2nd car 2005 Mercedes CDI, Raw Power fuel pump, 36 gallon veg tank in trunk coolant heated HOH, rubber hose wrapped fuel filter, FPHE, 3 greasecar valves, Common rail line heater.

Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL | Registered: June 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post