BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Diesel vehicles and other diesel equipment  Hop To Forums  Jeep CRD/common rail diesel    Grand voyagers ? compatable with bio diesel

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grand voyagers ? compatable with bio diesel
 Login/Join

posted
Hi

Looking into getting 2.8crd grand voyager any body any experience on running on b100 ??

Mark

posted Hide Post
Where did you find a voyager with a diesel engine?

David Norwood

2001 F350 7.3 DI purchased new by me and it is the first DI experimented with and talked about on this forum.

Updated 1/2011 Alternative Fuel User Since 2003-vo is always in my fuel. Only one fuel tank. GPI/CIM-TEK spin on filterhead and 10 micron filter. Superchip. Hutch and Harpoon mods 2010. Diesel inline filter between tank and Airtex E2236 fuel pump (rated to 110 psi).Fuel pressure gauge. HOH for fuel line heat from tank to 12v lift pump. Two 12v 36" heaters, one before add on filter and one before OEM filter.

Cool weather mixes updated 2010. 100% vo to 70°. 66% to 35°. 50% to 10°.

Location: Upstate South Carolina , USA | Registered: December 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am new to the site.
Saw the question about voyager diesel. This diesel model has been made in europe since 1993 with an italian 2.5 ltr diesel engine called "vm", venuti motore, which is now in the detroit diesel engine group.
The engine, originaly a boat engine, is very relyable. I drive a 98 gr voy TDI for 262000 kms without any opening and injector touch.!!!! I do drive it on 80-100 bio in summer and 20-30 in winter.So if you make good biodiesel, no problem.
About the 2.8 diesel, probably a common rail, i don't know exactly, because my camper, a fiat 2.8 comm.rail. from iveco, drives on it too, but not pure. All importers tell you not to because of the corrosion problems in bio.Injectors for comm.rails are d.... expensive.
If someone knows more about this please reply.
Rien.

Location: belgium | Registered: April 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am also new to this but now-a-days the rate of diesel is very high and the normal time of the bio- injectors for a common rail system is 3-5 seconds.

Location: 10300 Highway 196, Collierville, TN | Registered: September 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post