BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Classified ads  Hop To Forums  Diesel Vehicles for Sale/Wanted    1987 Mercedes 300D with dual fuel WVO conversion

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1987 Mercedes 300D with dual fuel WVO conversion
 Login/Join

posted
1987 Mercedes 300D turbo diesel with automatic transmission. Converted to run on vegetable oil using a 2-tank Greasecar kit with additional modifications including fuel injector line heaters and adjustable fuel return line. The dual fuel system runs on regular diesel fuel or vegetable oil.

The tires are like new - they hardly have any miles on them. It has a recent alternator, new battery and a new fuel pump. I recently had the fuel injectors out for service and upgraded some fuel system components. The engine starts instantly when you turn the key. The odometer stopped working soon after I bought it at around 165K miles and I estimate it has about 225K miles now. The paint on the top surfaces of the car is oxidized. The windshield has a crack on the passenger side. The A/C does not work.

I've owned and loved this car and ran it successfully on vegetable oil for about a decade. I've also got a lot of waste vegetable oil and processing equipment that I will be selling separately. If you are interested in buying that stuff, we can work something out.

The car is located in Austin, TX.
Please contact me at dsbrown57@gmail.com

Thanks,
Dan

Image300d_driver_side_-_small.jpg (44 Kb, 10 downloads)

Location: Austin, TX | Registered: July 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just curious -- why are you getting out?

Cheers, John