BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Other uses for Glycerine by-product    Legit glycerine collectors/buyers

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legit glycerine collectors/buyers
 Login/Join

posted
Is there any one reputable glycerine dealer in the Southeast(preferably Florida) that takes glycerine? I have been approached by someone using the screen name InterEcocan who satates thay are based in Canada but can pick up anywhere. Anyone heard of them? I am very leary to dispose of glycerine to just anyone.
Thanks,
Jeff

posted Hide Post
WOW! I cannot believe no one has replied here. I haven't been on the site in a while and figured there would be a viable commercial use for all of this goo. Guess not.

posted Hide Post
In large quantities there is a market from "large" businesses. We're talking like 50k gallons "large". I traded emails with interecocan a few weeks ago and that is the quantity they were looking for.

Us "small folk" are stuck finding homes for our glycerin elsewhere, or just finding a use for it. Would be nice if there was a market for smaller quantities, or just a "rendering" company that collected glycerin.

In this case, craigslist is your friend. Out here in California at least, people will use it for composting. I got rid of 10 gallons that way just last week.

Location: Napa, CA | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw your post. I'm on the southwest side of Florida. Let me know if you found a taker for the glycerin. I'll do the same if I find one as well.

posted Hide Post
If you distill the methanol out of it you can use it as compost/fertilizer.

Location: Dunnville, ON | Registered: May 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry David I didn't realize you just posted the compost idea.

At work we put it into the anaerobic digesters and it increases methane production.
We have also just composted it as well.

Location: Dunnville, ON | Registered: May 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am always looking for the glycerine byproduct and bad batches of fuel. put it all in the same tote and i will come pump it out. get ahold of me call or text 815-386-4309 or email flynnrecycling@yahoo.com Thanks

Location: Boswell, Indiana | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post