BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Other uses for Glycerine by-product    Glycerol for making bubbles.

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glycerol for making bubbles.
 Login/Join

posted
I had a strange visit the other day, a police car swept into my yard and young Garda got out looking very official. Turned out he was looking for glycerol. His hobby is making attempts on the world record for the largest soap bubble! ( I know, it takes all sorts) He has got to the stage he wants to make his own soap especially for its bubble making quantities. I sent him off with some nice thick glycerol.
I dont think this will solve our glycerol disposal problems but every little counts.

Location: Lismore Ireland | Registered: November 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it well-demethed? If not, I suppose he could add some flair to his slightly toxic bubble show by burning the bubbles! Big Grin

Cheers, John

posted Hide Post
He won't stand a chance unless there is a stipulation that only natural ingredients be used.

The chem boys(Big Pharma - Big Cosmetics) extensively use a toxic product called Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) whose prime goal is to produce bubbles/lather. It is widely used in commercial type soaps, all shampoos commercially available, the vast majority of toothpastes amongst other things.

So ... unless it is forbidden to use this stuff there is no way the bubble making ability of the glyc layer will ever compete.

On the other hand palm or coconut oil glycerin will bubble up better than animal tallow discounting pig fat. Adding sugar will also help.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post