BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Other uses for Glycerine by-product    Burning ffa's in a waste oil burner

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burning ffa's in a waste oil burner
 Login/Join

posted
I am acciduating the glycerol and am trying to burn the ffa's in my waste oil burner. Anyone have any luck doing this?

Location: Portland, Maine | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes I have been doing this. I started out with a 20%/80% at first. You must mix it every couple days as it settles. All things went well so I kept bumping it up until I was burning 100%. It requires cleaning of the chamber and nozzle more often and I had to move my holding tank as close as possible. I was pushing it 75 feet through a 3/8 copper line and it clogged it several times. You don't want that to happen it was a complete pain! I'm using an Energy Logic waste oil burner.

Location: Lansing, Mi. | Registered: October 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what just burning the raw glycerin in the waste oil burner? you might need to heat until its liquid.
glycerin will burn..I mix my demethed glycerin with sawdust and burn it in a wood stove. so far no problems.

-dkenny

'84 bluebird school bus, DD8.2L turbo( 4/2011, the bus tranny has died..Frown 8.23.11 bus driven to scrap yard Frown )
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Smile - the wife's
99 dodge 2500 5.9l 24v..-mine Smile
everything run B100 when its warm enough Smile

Location: RTP, North Carolina | Registered: December 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not demeth

Location: Lansing, Mi. | Registered: October 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post