BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Other uses for Glycerine by-product    Glycerin needed in Cleveland!!

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glycerin needed in Cleveland!!
 Login/Join

posted
Hello-

I am south west of Cleveland, Oh. and am loking for larger quantities of crude glycerin for use in heating my facility. Anyone wanting to get rid of glycerin can bring it in, or I will pick up amounts over 1000 gallons (within 150 miles). Because of viscosity, the glycerin should be from a KOH biodiesel process. Methanol content does not matter!

Thanks in advance!

Rick

Location: Ohio | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rick,

I can provide truck loads of glycerin. Methanol content is generally about 20%. It is made with sodium however with this much methanol it doesn not set up. The glycerin can leave my place at any temperature below 140F so that may help in the winter. I currently sell to a refiner that pays market price. I would be happy to acidulate (and remove the FFA's) or demethylate if you would like. Demethylating will make shipping in a non-insulated truck problematic.

Location: CO, CA, KS, or FL | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Rick, I'm curious how you're heating your shop with glycerine if you don't mind as I'm interested in this also. Thanks, Tigafila

posted Hide Post
Hello-

Our company AlterHeat Co., offers 100% crude glycerin fired boilers and forced air heaters. During the season, I heat 2-1500 sq ft buildings and a 2800 sq ft residence (plus domestic hot water) with acrude glycerin fired AHS 400,000 BTU boiler. The glycerin replaces approximately 3000 gallons of #2 fuel oil.

Please visit our website, www.glycerinburners.com. We will be adding boiler and heater info soon.

Regards, Rick

Location: Ohio | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Mr. Rick Krystowski,

This is Louis from Indonesia. Do you remember me?? I am writing on this forum since I thought this might be an alternative way in contacting you. I am here to ask you about the status of the glyceryn burner I ordered more than a month ago and fully paid then. I have tried contacting you by email, calling you on the phone, yet you never picked up the phone or even have the courtesy to reply to my email.

Here's the deal. I am aware that you were having problem with the water tank. If you feel you are unable to meet my order, by all means, PLEASE REFUND OUR MONEY. I'm not asking for much, or any other compensation from you. This is the only way that works for me now. I am really disappointed with the way you handle our business.

If you're trying to cheat us off our money, then we will have no comment about that except to say that it will not do any good for your future business. So please, REPLY TO US. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Louis Kusumawihardjo

Location: Surabaya, Indonesia | Registered: September 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post