BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Other uses for Glycerine by-product    Buyers for Crude Glycerine

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buyers for Crude Glycerine
 Login/Join

posted
It seems that a lot of us might make more glycerine than we can use ourselves. Has anyone any connections with commercial glycerine refineries? I am in the S. Pacific, near Australia and I think it would be good for members of this forum to compile a list of possible buyers of the by-product. I would welcome such information. I will add glycerine soap to my biofuel business but I don't think the soap will use it all. I should produce about 200kg glycerine per day once my new plant is operational later this month so I must look for an outlet for the remainder.

Location: Solomon Islands | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Providing the material is delivered to our site in Manchester, UK we are able to dispose off free of charge providing an eqi-volume of methanol is purchased the same day. Costs as follows - 25L / £18, 205L £95, 1000L £388 all inc VAT www.trinity-research.co.uk

posted Hide Post
I'd be interested in any Australian sources where I could sell glycerine - even if I had to give it away for free, I'd be interested.

I've got 10, 44 gal drums and rising!!

Phil

Location: Geelong, Victoria, Australia | Registered: October 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you need to get into the soap business. I have around 150 US gallons in barrels. My plan is to recover the methanol and make soap out of the rest. Because of the color issue I may have to shoot for an industrial market. The stuff is REALLY good at getting out grease. So far it has worked well on me, my dog, the dishes, my clothes, my cars, the driveway...basically everything I have tried it on. The only down side it that it is dark brown. You need to find an industry that uses a LOT of soap and cut them a great deal on a barrel of liquid soap. After they find out how good it works you can supply them for a while with what you have back stocked alone. You should be able to price it below what they are paying for their current soaps.

-Jim

Location: Middle Tennessee, Jack Daniel's country | Registered: August 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Phil;
There was an indepth study done on the glycerine by-product in Australia for use with ruminants (cows,sheep).
You may want to follow it up with an email to the article's author (email below her name) to see if she could provide a contact there.

Biodiesel Glycerol for Ruminants.

With the sheer number of sheep and cows in Oz you should be able to find someone(s) to take it all I should immagine. May take a little foot work though.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

Location: :-) Great White North eh ? | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We can collect by product crude glycerine.
Inform us your quantity and technical specificatons.

Location: Madagascar | Registered: March 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Dear Sir,

We are in position to source crude glycerine (80%min.) monthly.
Please contact us if you avaiable stable for sale.
sinogaincorp@hotmail.com
Best regards.