Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home
Glycerin available in the Cincinnati OH. area

This topic can be found at:
http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/739605551/m/4327038153

March 02, 2012, 07:12 AM
Gbrown
Glycerin available in the Cincinnati OH. area
I have quite a bit of glycerin with the methanol still in it. Some is in 55gal drums and the rest is in 275gal totes. Not looking to sell it, just want to get rid of it.

Contact me if your interested in some or all of it.

Greg
gbrown8439@gmail.com
513-200-4077
March 02, 2012, 11:17 AM
freesoul
Its been my experience that glycerin sitting for awhile even in closed containers will offgas the methanol and make it semi solid and difficult to deal with. I got some NAOH glycerin in cubees a while back and it was very difficult to get it into my still because it had started to solidify.

Good luck finding a home for it, is it NAOH or KOH?

March 02, 2012, 10:09 PM
Legal Eagle
Do you have a paper plant nearby? They could probably use it in their boilers along with the other stuff they toss in there.

** Biodiesel Glycerine Soap - The Guide
- on 5 continents helping people make & sell soap from the Biodiesel Glycerine.

March 03, 2012, 07:11 PM
Gbrown
quote:
Originally posted by freesoul:
Its been my experience that glycerin sitting for awhile even in closed containers will offgas the methanol and make it semi solid and difficult to deal with. I got some NAOH glycerin in cubees a while back and it was very difficult to get it into my still because it had started to solidify.

Good luck finding a home for it, is it NAOH or KOH?

It was made with KOH. I have moved most of it from 55gal. drums to 275gal. containers and it still pumps easy. Smells like methanol also but that's not a very accurate test of the concentration. Smile

Legal,

Do you have any suggestions on how to approach a paper plant? I think there is one in Dayton (hour north) but I would like to approach them somewhat educated about how they could use it.

Thanks
Greg
January 02, 2013, 04:25 PM
ryno
I am always looking for the byproducts. text me 815-386-4309 or email flynnrecycling@yahoo.com
January 02, 2013, 05:50 PM
Kenr34
Aged post, but worthy...

If you still need an outlet or Ryno doesn't take it off your hands, PM me and I'll help ya out. Jatro Biodiesel is in Miamisburg, they would probably take it off your hands for the methanol content.

The bigger producers have multiple outlets for it.

-Ken

Recycling & Green Fuels Research: www.altfuelsgroup.org
Ozone Eating Toys For Big Boys !!: www.suncoastexotics.com
Carefully Maintaining A Carbon Neutral Footprint...