BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Other uses for Glycerine by-product    glycerin as dust suppressant

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

glycerin as dust suppressant
 Login/Join

posted
Roll EyesDoes anyone know if glycerin can be used as a successful dust suppressant for horse indoor and outdoor sand rings.

posted Hide Post
Now that is a hell of an idea!

Oooo, I could get rid of hundreds of gallons that way. Would need a way to heat it and spray it over the sand. It would be hot, hot, hot. Would it just clump the sand up and make it look like a giant kitty litter box? Would it get stuck like molasses on the shoes?

Oh, the farrier and the DQ’s would be cranky!

Something to experiment with on a small scale first.

2004 Dodge 3500 Cummins - 2008 F-350 w/ DPF delete - Four Farm Tractors - Two Homes. All on B100

Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I assume you meant demethed glycerin too

2004 Dodge 3500 Cummins - 2008 F-350 w/ DPF delete - Four Farm Tractors - Two Homes. All on B100

Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I give some to my neigbor who has a ring and he swears by it.

posted Hide Post
Hooknline,

How does he apply it to the ring and what quanity is he using?

I suppose if you are using NAOH that will also act as a weed killer too.

posted Hide Post
He puts it in one of those commercial seed spreader cones, waters it down a bit, and drives around pulling it behind his Quad. really sprays it out. Even though it KOH based, its pretty thick demethed so it wont spray out of a normal flow jet type sprayer. I think he uses about 10 gallons mixed with 10 gallons water for a 100x50ft ring. Its really an Arena