BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Making Biodiesel    Problem: I was light on the Meth

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problem: I was light on the Meth
 Login/Join

posted
Mixed some methoxide to put in my latest batch. When I mixed the KOH into the methanol I multiplied the grams (of KOH) by the gallon instead of by the liter. Now there is a bunch of methoxide swirling around that doesn't have enough KOH. The batch is only about 57 liters (15 gallons). What do I do now? How can I salvage this batch? Should I mix up more methoxide with the correct amount of KOH and put it in? Do I need to do another titration, or go with my original results? This is only the third time I've tried to make Bio, so I am eager for it to work.

posted Hide Post
Add the KOH you shorted on the first mix to a gallon of methanol and add it. Process as normal, you will be OK. The extra methanol will come out with the glycerin, or with the first wash cycle.

Norman

Location: Lincoln, NE | Registered: April 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post