BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Making Biodiesel    for beginers! Check ACE Hardware for all of your chemicals

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

for beginers! Check ACE Hardware for all of your chemicals
 Login/Join

posted
I found both 100% lye drain cleaner (~$2.50ea) and HEET Methanol (~$1.25ea)
I think they also carry isoHEET for around the same price so you could practice titration...

now I'm not sure if you have to buy in bulk or not... there website was unclear as to whether you could simply buy one bottle of each or buy 6 or 12 packs

I'm stopping by there tomorrow to check it out I'll post again when I get back

posted Hide Post
I bought a couple 1 pound bottles of lye from a local Ace in Tucson last week, cost $5.25 a pound plus tax.

I use this to clean veg crud out of my steel transport and storage tanks, add a pound of lye to a couple inches of water and move the tank around every other day, a week later you have a nice clean tank. (DO NOT do this with an aluminum tank)

Location: fisher,illinois,usa | Registered: June 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim c cook:
I bought a couple 1 pound bottles of lye from a local Ace in Tucson last week, cost $5.25 a pound plus tax.

I guess I better look into that market, my selling it to homebrewers for $2.25 a pound (or less in quantity) pales by comparison.

Norman

Location: Lincoln, NE | Registered: April 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post