BIODIESEL & SVO DISCUSSION FORUMS

Sponsors    Biodiesel and SVO Forums Home    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Biodiesel  Hop To Forums  Making Biodiesel    Need Help!!!---My first batch
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Shaun, The Trouts

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Need Help!!!---My first batch
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
There have been a few opinions about the height of the methoxide tank. For what it's worth, mine is completely below the reactor and the mixing pump. It gets sucked into the circulation through a valved tee just upstream of the pump. The pressure here is sub-atmospheric. The only drawback I have found in 2 years operation is if the pump is stopped while the meth valve is open, oil goes into the meth mixer and makes biodiesel there! Next time I'll incorporate a check valve. I have only seen inside the vessel once in that time, and it was spotless.
Aeolus

Location: Ashford | Registered: March 12, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
David L Teal,
Slightly off topic. Did you ever hear anything from the channel4 people again after they bought the bio from you ? All attempts to follow this up on their scraprard challange site have produced no serious answers. Have you seen the state of that site now ? Roll Eyes
regards
dva

Location: Yorks,England | Registered: June 30, 2001Report This Post